ACAP Monthly Missives are more personal than the articles that are regularly posted to ACAP Latest News. The series offers the opportunity to go behind and beyond factual events and current news, giving opinions on matters related to the conservation of all the members of the tubenose group of birds in the order Procellariiformes and their habitats. Access the missives by clicking on their titles below.
Posts are largely written by John Cooper, ACAP's Emeritus Information Officer, with guests from time to time invited to make their own contributions.
Opinions expressed in ACAP Monthly Missives are not to be taken as those of the ACAP Secretariat or any of the Agreement’s Parties.
Updated 22 April 2023
- THE ACAP MONTHLY MISSIVE. Guide to Seabirds of Southern Africa Second Edition by Peter Ryan – a personal review 07-Nov-2023
- UPDATED. THE ACAP MONTHLY MISSIVE. Australia’s Lord Howe Island is declared free of introduced rats and mice following a successful eradication operation in 2019 10-Oct-2023
- THE ACAP MONTHLY MISSIVE. 22 or 25, how many albatross species are out there? 07-Sep-2023
- THE ACAP MONTHLY MISSIVE. Of mice and men, and of albatrosses and petrels 08-Aoû-2023
- THE ACAP MONTHLY MISSIVE. Ten ACAP Parties endorse the Mouse-Free Marion Project at the Thirteenth Meeting of the Advisory Committee in Edinburgh, Scotland 04-Juil-2023
- THE ACAP MONTHLY MISSIVE. Four years of World Albatross Days – looking back and thoughts for the future 18-Jui-2023
- The ACAP MONTHLY MISSIVE. A reflection on growing old with albatrosses 02-Mai-2023
- THE ACAP MONTHLY MISSIVE. Close to a decade working on some of the world’s most remote and important seabird islands by ACAP supporters Michelle Risi and Christopher Jones 03-Avr-2023
- The ACAP MONTHLY MISSIVE. Peter Harrison’s new seabird guide: a review and a reminiscence 07-Mar-2023
- THE ACAP MONTHLY MISSIVE. Should more albatross and petrel breeding localities become World Heritage Sites? 07-Fév-2023
- THE ACAP MONTHLY MISSIVE. A personal journey eradicating introduced rodents on islands by helicopter pilot Peter Garden 03-Jan-2023
- THE ACAP MONTHLY MISSIVE. From Dassen to Marion, a 50-year journey studying island pests 06-Déc-2022
- THE ACAP MONTHLY MISSIVE. Should more shearwaters be listed by the Agreement? 01-Nov-2022
- THE ACAP MONTHLY MISSIVE A royal connection with albatrosses. A reflection at the end of the Second Elizabethan Age 04-Oct-2022