The Critically Endangered Waved Albatross needs our help, painting by Birgit Bührlé, from a photograph by Laurie Smaglick Johnson
Applications are sought to undertake a secondment under the ACAP Secondment Programme for the purpose of building capacity within Parties, and as a means of achieving tasks within the current work programmes of the Advisory Committee (see Annex 4 AC11 Report) and Secretariat (see Annex 5 AC11 Report).
Applications will only be accepted from ACAP Parties. Applicants are encouraged to develop proposals that account for the practical challenges and limitations associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
The proposed secondment should meet the following criteria:
1. The work to be undertaken addresses a task or tasks identified in the Advisory Committee’s or Secretariat’s Work Programme, and/or is deemed to be of high importance to achievement of the Agreement’s objective.
2. The work proposed is international in nature (i.e. the outcomes will be of relevance to more than one country). However, this does not preclude secondments to a host institution within the applicant’s country of residence, provided the international relevance of the capacity building is clear.
3. The funds allocated will not be used for the purpose of paying applicants’ salaries. It is expected that the applicant’s institution will continue to pay the applicant’s salary. However, funds may be used to contract a suitable professional to develop/present a training webinar or online workshop.
4. The task to be undertaken has a capacity-building focus.
5. The funds allocated will generally be used for travel, accommodation and per diem costs, but can also be used for online training activities including one-on-one mentoring, enrolment in a training course from a reputable educational institution, organisation of webinars/online workshops, and other relevant activities which enhance ACAP capacity.
6. The applicant has received in-principle agreement from the host or collaborating institution to participate in this work.
Completed applications are to be submitted to relevant ACAP National Contacts who will then forward them to the ACAP Secretariat.
Applications containing all signatures and endorsements must be received by the Secretariat by close of business on Tuesday, 2 February 2021. Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application by Tuesday, 23 March 2021.
Waved Albatrosses, Galapagos Islands, photograph by Antje Steinfurth
ACAP Secretariat, 18 November 2020