Applications are invited for the post of Executive Secretary in the Secretariat of the Agreement on the Conservation of Albatrosses and Petrels (ACAP). The ACAP Secretariat is an Intergovernmental Organisation that supports the work of the Agreement in seeking to achieve and maintain a favourable conservation status for albatrosses and petrels. The Secretariat’s Headquarters are located in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.
The Executive Secretary will be appointed in accordance with the terms and conditions determined by the Agreement’s staff regulations. Appointment will be for a term of four years, subject to a satisfactory performance evaluation at the end of the first year of employment. The successful applicant shall be eligible for reappointment for one additional term, with the total length of employment not exceeding eight years. A remuneration package consists of a salary in a range that, at present, commences at AU$ 140 282. This will be subject to review in 2015. Allowances including superannuation will be provided to the successful applicant.
Applications are invited from persons meeting the following criteria:
1. Must be a national of an ACAP Party.
2. Experience or detailed knowledge of the operations of international intergovernmental organizations.
3. Representational and promotional skills.
4. Fluency in one of the ACAP official languages (English, French or Spanish).
5. Demonstration of an appropriate level of managerial experience and proven competence, including: (a) the preparation of financial budgets and the management of expenditures, and (b) the organisation of meetings and provision of Secretariat support for high level committees.
6. Familiarity with the conservation of albatrosses and petrels.
7. Relevant experience and qualifications.
8. Proficiency in the ACAP languages.
All applications will be screened by an ACAP panel and those successful at the initial screening will be invited to complete a full application (for submission by 9 March 2015). These will be reviewed and follow-up interviews by telephone may occur. A final shortlist of two candidates will be invited to attend a face-to-face interview in Santa Cruz, Spain on 3 May 2015.
ACAP Secretariat, 15 December 2014